I'm Melting!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Doesn't that just "beet" all?

OH, so today i find myself with apricots, strawberries, tomatoes, and beets that all need to be eaten verrrrry soon.  Memories of the vitamix guy at the fair blending up everything that could have gone down the kitchen sink (through the disposal, of course) came to my mind.  Hmmmm....why not a beet-apricot-berry-tomato smoothie?
So, I chopped up the apricots (actually mashed...they were getting a little mealy), threw in some strawberries, cut up a beet....my little Magic Bullet was getting pretty full, so I added a little milk...no room for the tomatoes.  I added a little ginger paste and some stevia...Viola!  Breakfast!  Yes, the beets made it a bit earthy.  I checked for ideas online.  Looks like oranges might be the fruit of choice with beets.

Well, I didn't need to get rid of my oranges.  They are hanging happily on the tree.  Maybe tomorrow!

Stay tuned for this afternoon.   Still have more beets and have to do something with those tomatoes!

2 comments:

  1. So, how did it taste, really? :) This is Susan, but I am commenting as anonymous . That's my new ID here.Ha !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually wasn't too bad. I might try it sometime with the oranges. I think that I am going to throw all my declining vegetables in a pot and cook them up and blend them together. Found some red and yellow peppers and cilantro on their last legs. So, I will either end up with juice or soup I guess!

      Delete