I'm Melting!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Steppin' with the Stars

I used to love to dance....not the dancing that came with Jr High and High School (Friday Nighters anyone?), but the ballroom stuff I learned at Call's Dance Studio.  Unfortunately, there were never too many people to dance with.  Guess I was born 20 years too late, and now, it seems, 40 years too soon!

I used to dance the Swing and the Cha Cha with Daddy.  His dance was the Jitterbug...the swing was close enough for me.  In college, I used to dance at the Officers' Club with my friend Bill North of the Air Force ROTC.   Wonder what has become of him?  

So, I watch these folks dancing with heels yet!  I get winded walking up the stairs, and there they are dancing and jumping over the treads.  So, I got out my trusty Jillian Michael's 3-in-one stair stepper, and stepped along during the dances.  A long way to go before I could dance again......

"I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm
Well it's easy to pretend
I know I'm not a fool"

Well, since I know I'm not a fool, I guess I'd better Keep On Steppin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment