I'm Melting!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Excuses, excuses

OK, so why haven't I been blogging????  Because I fell into one of those traps that seem to catch all of us chronic dieters..I broke a body part, and just couldn't find some alternate way to exercise.  I broke my toe.  How could such a small, usually ignored little digit cause so much pain!!!  I must have subconsciously blamed my Jillian Michaels' 3-in-1 aerobic step, because I've sure been ignoring her (She has taken on the persona of the real Jillian Michaels).  I had been faithfully doing my stepping, and, after reaching a point close to death from heavy breathing and muscle fatigue, I took a break with a speed walk around my living room.  With a wide round around my coffee table, I managed to collide with a recently purchased case of two-buck chuck from Trader Joe's stacked with a case of EAS protein drink (You know, a little red wine provides those necessary anti-oxidants!).  So, thus ended my 100 day exercise challenge,  on day 68.

That was two weeks ago.  Today, my toe is much better.  Still taped up, but I can now walk on it.  A few 12-hour shifts prolongued the pain a bit...it didn't like being shut up in hard toed shoes (The doctor didn't tell me the whole top of my foot would turn purple.)

What's that?  Oh....I think I hear Jillian calling!   Gotta go!

1 comment:

  1. Pam, Get back on that step. My excuse has been it is too cold to ride my bike to the gym so I drive and today my excuse for canceling with my trainer was I didnt want to leave the dog alone since he has been stuck to me like glue since Andy started working in Tucson last week.

    ReplyDelete